Working with a team always has benefits. At the Longview Dream Center we have discovered that teams accomplish more than any one individual can do alone. In the early 2000’s, organizations shifted from one dominant leader to team leaders, and team driven groups.
The Dream Center is a team driven organization and almost every department is team driven. There are actually few jobs that we can do alone. One of our primary goals is to unite organizations, churches and individuals to serve our city with maximum effectiveness.
Our latest team connect has been with Feed the Children. This team connect has proven to be a game changer for the Dream Center. When teams connect on these levels everyone gains.
Teams can connect when both teams have something to gain and something to give.
An organization our size must have multiple teams and layers of teams to reach our goals and accomplish our purpose.
In our desire to attract high-capacity volunteers and high capacity relationships we have made the following observations.
1. A team has more strength than any one individual
2. Teams bring diverse thinking resulting in dimensional innovation
3. Every team is as good as it’s communication level
4. Teams provide accountability to deadlines on projects
5. Teams need accountability to produce maximum results
- Accountability works at it’ s best when given by every team member. Teams begin to disintegrate when some members begin to expect accountability from those who fail to give it. When team members value accountability to one another a high level of trust is added and enhances the team.
- Teams without accountability suffer when the weakest or slowest member fails to cooperate and performs at a less-than level of the team. This also creates poor morale resulting in a culture of conflict and possible mediocrity.
6. Teams provide individual members the opportunity to serve one another.
7. Teams create inter-connection and inter-dependency upon the other members.
Our first awareness must be to realize that greatness can rarely be reached alone.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities at the Longview Dream Center. If you would like to VOLUNTEER and join one of our TEAMS just click the volunteer button at the top of the home page. You can fill out an application there or you can call and ask for Victoria. She will gladly answer all your important questions.
Many are also asking what can we do? Here are a few suggestions.
- You can make a donation here on the home page. Just click on the PayPal button.
- You can become a food assistance partner by giving a regular monthly donation.
- You can report to us any child or family that is suffering from hunger.
- You can make a difference by joining a volunteer team.
We would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.